Thursday, July 23, 2015

Give It a Shot


When gunfire matches your hair. #justgirlythings
"Give it a shot," my friends said. Literally. 

The Gun Club located in downtown LA is apparently THE spot to let loose some steam and obviously, shot guns. I didn't know that shooting guns was such a hobby or obsession of people here in LA because unlike most of the other states, your average Californian does not own a gun because we don't have anywhere to hunt. When my friends said they wanted to go shoot guns, I thought, "What the heck. Who does this even?" But considering how packed the place was, apparently lots of people and lots of tourists! I didn't even know we had a gun club/shooting range here...

Hesitant to go because I've never held a gun before, I was finally peer pressured into it after hearing my friends rave on about it for weeks now about how amazing of an experience it is and now after going to it my first time now, I cannot agree with them any more. At first, it's quite a frightful feeling knowing that you are holding something so real and so lethal in your own hands, but once you get the hang of it and get used to the noise, it's nothing really. I didn't shoot too much because it was my first time, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it and encourage everyone to try the same if you've never done so. It's an extremely satisfying feeling and I'm sure it would feel even more satisfying if you were really mad! But in all seriousness, don't come if you're that angry please hehe.



Look at my targets! I think I have a hidden talent for this! I think I could be an assassin or a snipper because my aim is pretty good. I was aiming for the head in all of my shots and I think I missed the head three times at most. 

P.S. the paper I'm holding in the picture above and below consists of mostly my own shots, but I'm not completely sure... My target got stuck on the line and so I had to get a new one and then my friends and I were just using each other's targets because we didn't want to keep switching them off and on. But yeah, trust me when I say I have a secret knack for this! Also, beware heh.

I'm glad I gave it a shot after being peer pressured into this because I really did had a blast! Get it?



No comments:

Post a Comment