Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Red-y



The color red symbolizes joy and good fortune for the Chinese culture. Red envelopes filled with money are given out on Chinese New Year to thrust good luck and success upon one another, almost all Chinese New Year decorations are red and clothes are to be red. Everything is just meant to be decked out red! Luckily, red also happens to be my favorite color. Chinese new year is the day after I start school, so I take this as a sign of rebirth and luck! This is my last semester at community college before I find out which schools I get accepted into in April. I've always been aware of how much I've grown up since I've chosen to go to a college in the city, but it's just hitting me now how quickly time has gone by.

I start school again on Wednesday, so today officially marks the end of my two month winter vacation! The past two months have been a blur of dinner dates, netflix, small adventures, reading and staying in bed for hours and hours, things I haven't been able to do for more than a year because of school. I have no guilt or shame that I over-indulged during my winter days, and although I'm a little sad my worry free days are ending, I'm red-y for my last semester! Bring on the luck and bring on the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment