Monday, January 5, 2015

Auld Lang Syne


Happy late New Years! 

I hope everyone had a fun and safe night and are getting started on those new year resolutions! I am not someone that ever made New Years resolutions before, but this year, finally, is the one exception. 

I'm at the age where time is starting to really fly by, but at the same time, things feel so distant now. Sadly, the people who I spent most of my 2014 with and the people who I thought were going to stay in my life forever will not be entering 2015 with me. This year is a fresh start for everything for me! Before I start this new year though, I would like to look back auld lang syne for auld lang syne...


I would be lying if I said I am not sad, but I am optimistic for this upcoming year and for what the future holds for me. I do not regret one moment of 2014 and actually thought it was the best year of my life thus far. I am so so soooo thankful for the people who entered it, even though they have now exited it. "I've loved the people I've loved, even if I now cross the street to avoid them." 

When I look back at 2014, I cannot help but smile even though I am sad momentarily, but no matter how amazing and horrible 2014 both was, it was the best year ever and I really am hoping 2015 will do me well. It will be an extremely hard year to top, I must say, but with my transference soon, I have hope.

I do not have many close friends that I am bringing with me into the new year, but I hope to keep the important people in my life now, make more friends who will stay with me for many years to come and most importantly, I hope to learn more about and improve upon myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment