So, even though I finished my last fall semester about 3 months ago now, I really want to reflect back on it as graduation comes closer...
Strangely, last fall was one of the worst, yet most fun times of my life. I wouldn't repeat it, but I'm happy it happened. Here are some lessons from current me learned from past me:
1. Don't wait to do things! You went from doing things too fast to doing things too slowly - find that medium. Trust your gut; you seem to always stay with your initial feeling and know what you want as soon as you feel it, so act on it.
2. Party hard - you deserve it! But have mercy on the people around you, heh. Have fun, but be smart.
3. Timing is everything. Time heals all wounds.
4. Sometimes people are not meant to come back to you, and that's okay. Life is not a fairytale, but you will have a fairytale ending when it is right. You always somehow have fun and find light in your darkest times, remember? Dark times do not last forever, and you will learn and do a ton of stuff until it's okay again.
5. You give up everything for the people you love, but people will not always do the same in return. Learn to let these people go, because you deserve what you put out. If someone really loves you and wants to be in your life, they will choose to be in it and make every effort to stay. Dedicate your time to people who dedicate time to you.
6. Enjoy watching sunsets. You don't get to see them much anymore with all these night classes.
7. Take every chance you can to get out into the city! You're only here for a little while longer.
8. You have great friends. Remember to hang out with them and text them more often. Let them know how much you appreciate them.
9. It's okay to not always have your life together. It's okay to get help.
10. Your roommates are always the best! Let them know how much you love them for listening and helping you as your life falls apart LOL.
11. School is not everything, but try not to miss a month of class again. Learning is fun!
12. There are always events happening. Explore and always do new things.
13. You go to a great school and are truly surrounded by great people. Enjoy it while it lasts!